Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4)

3 posters

Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4) Empty Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4)

Post by Ijiro Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 pm

So Niner think Darman just die and keep on packing up stuff like it cool? No big deal, but supposed to be my new brother and dead now, whatever.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4) Empty Re: Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4)

Post by Corsenna Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Ijiro wrote:So Niner think Darman just die and keep on packing up stuff like it cool? No big deal, but supposed to be my new brother and dead now, whatever.
You beat me to the new topic...
Anyway, that's the job bro. Keep moving, grieve later. Stopping to worry about it now could get them all killed.

One thing I think is worth noting comes up in this chapter and several other times throughout the story. Despite the subhuman treatment the clones often receive, to their trainers at least, their confidence matters. They are often told that they're superior; smarter, stronger, faster, more resistant, or more resourceful. They hear every advantage they have over non-clones in detail on a regular basis.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4) Empty Re: Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 4)

Post by AlleKote Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Corsenna wrote:
One thing I think is worth noting comes up in this chapter and several other times throughout the story. Despite the subhuman treatment the clones often receive, to their trainers at least, their confidence matters. They are often told that they're superior; smarter, stronger, faster, more resistant, or more resourceful. They hear every advantage they have over non-clones in detail on a regular basis.
Especially Kal's. In the long run though I'm not sure if that makes the doubts they start encountering harder to deal with. They'll always have that voice in their head telling them they should do better
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:53 pm

AlleKote wrote:
Corsenna wrote:
Especially Kal's. In the long run though I'm not sure if that makes the doubts they start encountering harder to deal with. They'll always have that voice in their head telling them they should do better
Right there with you, they have a lot of trouble dealing with doubt and I think it's because that really hasn't been part of their life until their exposed to the real world and to real war. It's visible particularly in the Nulls, even the slightest possibility that they disappointed Kal or at the very least were less than perfect throws them into doubt. It's a little heartbreaking.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:06 pm

I almost relate, did not grow up with mom like Sara and uncle always support and very pride. I felt bad always when I did not do good and I did not grow up like clones.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Alright, I caught up. Hard Contact is done. Are you sure you have no questions about Chapter 5 through the end? I know we've been talking rather than posting but I just want to check.

I also suggest when you pick up Triple Zero you start with the Omega Squad: Targets in the end before the Mando'a glossary as it actually takes place before the story of Triple Zero and explains a scenario that is referenced several times throughout the book. Let me know when you're done with that and I'll get going myself and keep up this time.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down