Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3)

4 posters

Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3) Empty Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3)

Post by Corsenna Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:03 pm

For those of us who aren’t familiar enough with the more colorful terms in English to fill in the gaps. The six P’s are Proper planning prevents piss-poor performance. Niner stops himself and improvises the word inadequate because it gets the point across without the risk of upsetting delicate Jedi sensibilities, or you know, offending a commanding officer with the kind of casual talk you’d use around people you’re more familiar with.

The killing house is explained in a later book but I’ll describe it here, it’s pretty much what it sounds like. They out together a temporary house, the number of rooms and layout changes but the objective is the same, get all the targets and don’t die. Sounds simple, but the trainers tried real hard to make the not dying part difficult. Not because they wanted to kill clones, but because the harder the clones had to try to stay alive the better their odds when they actually went to war.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3) Empty Re: Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3)

Post by Ijiro Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Piss-poor performance! I like that! I had to look up what slang but I like that! So in training they really actually try to kill clones? And not important, but where they keep water to lay for 4 day without move?

I think sad that they really think they are expendable to not know what Jusik mean. How it ok to raise human like that?
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3) Empty Re: Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 3)

Post by AlleKote Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Ijiro wrote:Piss-poor performance! I like that! I had to look up what slang but I like that!
I thought it was pretty clever too!
Ijiro wrote:So in training they really actually try to kill clones?
Absolutely, like Spikey said the more realistically lethal the training the better their survival odds
Ijiro wrote:And not important, but where they keep water to lay for 4 day without move?
Haha! In Order 66 you find out that in actual mission conditions at least they don't. Their armor recycles water... you can work out what that means on your own.
Ijiro wrote:I think sad that they really think they are expendable to not know what Jusik mean. How it ok to raise human like that?
And the great moral debate of the Clones Wars!
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Also did Darman crash through a tree with his body? Yes, yes he did.
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down