Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW MAIN STORY

5 posters

Go down

NEW MAIN STORY Empty Re: NEW MAIN STORY

Post by AlleKote Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:07 am

“You’re sure it wasn’t faulty material?” Corsenna whispered from her position up in the trees. She didn’t need to speak out loud at all, but she found it comforting sometimes. “Wait, bring up the bioscan from yesterday.” She paused. “Interesting. Doesn’t show any inorganic material, new scan says otherwise. Some kind of prosthetic, don’t recognize the material but the way he’s moving it must be advanced. Nothing like anything I’ve seen here so far. So what d’you think?”
She lined up a clean headshot through her scope, watching the human man who was watching the group that had been camped out. Her finger twitched but she didn’t take the shot. He wasn’t her enemy, yet. It was the camping group that had her interest. She had a personal stake in killing them all, 6 actually. Really, it was more of a vendetta, one against all inhumans. Corsenna had never been good at making friends, she took it very personally when someone took those few friends away. If she had to kill every last inhuman, no matter what world she was on, to satisfy her need for revenge, she would. "Charge 2 trackers, I want to hit the big guy with the crest, I think he's in charge. I'll also tag the one that looks like his second." She adjusted the settings on her rifle toning down the power, she didn't want them to hear the shots, or feel the impacts. She squeezed the trigger twice, just a breath apart re-targeting flawlessly. No reactions, that was good. She pushed her sensor range to the maximum and stretched out to catch a few hours of sleep. With any luck this group would be moving on soon, and they would lead her to more of their kind.
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Kaytee caught Roxil and Jatne on their way to the temple at the city center. She paused and stared for several moments. “There’s two of you?”
“No, not at the moment.” Roxil responded earning another smack from Jatne.
“She means us; And no there’s actually three. Sorry, it’s not that we didn’t trust you, we just didn’t trust you. This is my brother Mereel.”
“Brother? We admit we have not seen many twins, but never so … identical. We have been distracted, Roxil we believe someone may be providing information to the immaculate order. Tell me, have you seen before a man with eyes pale blue and hair bright red?” She was very concerned when Roxil froze then he went picked up a full barrel of wine before continue silently to the temple.
“Tall?” He said when he sat on the pile of cushions scattered on the ground. “Broad shoulders?”
“Yes, and very pale.”
“Not possible. The Order would never work with him. Anyway, I would know if he were here, how would he know what was happening in these walls?”
“We think…” Kaytee paused. “We know your descendant Kina has been meeting him.”
“If that’s true, she’s my responsibility.”
“Roxil,” Kaytee continued as the 3rd human brother entered the room. It was a little startling how identical they were. “If it is true then she cause many death. The only way to punish can be execution.”
“I know.” He replied, and he looked sad.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperAwesome Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:53 am

“Yo, Roxil!” Jatne shouted as he approached the city gates. “I found quite a lot of good stuff in Nexus!” He stopped suddenly and made sure the wrappings on his left arm were still secure, standing next to Roxil was a man identical to himself, he’d made a mistake. “Couldn’t wait until after I was back, ner vod?” (brother)
You said you’d be going straight back to the larty.”
“New friend? She’s uh… ori’kih,” (very small). He didn't need to ask if Roxil had introduced himself properly, of course he hadn't. "Di’kut,” (idiot). Jatne gave Roxil a firm smack on the back of the head. “One might consider it proper manners to greet your guests as a human." Roxil obediently returned to his human shape, reduced significantly in size yet still quite large. The transformation also left him completely unclothed. Jatne threw some pants at him, hoping he would take the hint, fortunately he did.
“I take it you are unfamiliar with Forest Tongue, perhaps Low Realm is more to your understanding? Shall I try again? My name is Woneyii Roxil. I am chosen of Luna and Steward of Creation. I am City god of Harakuema to the north, Cherochybi to the south, and Land god to this beautiful city of Xylithippi.”
“I said properly,” Jatne smacked him on the back of the head again. “Feel free to ignore nearly everything he says, unless of course it’s the laws of the land, trust that you don’t want to break any of those. As for what he is, they call his kind Exalted, specifically Lunars. They’re shifters. He’s also the founder and supposedly god of this city. Now come or go, but he’s got a party to plan. Ro’ika have you finished hunting? I’ve brought an assortment of sweets and your husband wants you to know another hundred barrels of wine are being brought up from stores. You should also know the vode have also been supplementing your border scouts, we’ve got some intel you want.” (brothers)

SuperAwesome

http://lauranta.home.blog

Back to top Go down

Post by fenriSSoul Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:18 pm

A surge of adrenaline rushed through Kuthu's veins. The familiar feel of something like magic reached out to her mind and set her on the defensive. She rolled backwards, and in one swift motion flipped backwards and onto her feet, bow drawn and three arrows notched. A massive furred had was outreached towards her. Giant cat?, she thought as she followed the arm to the creature's full form. No. Something else. It spoke words in a foreign tongue, foreign to any of the planes she has walked.
Adrenaline sent blood pounding in her temples and instinct took over. She missed whatever common tongue the other spoke. A new reflex took control. She leapt backwards, void light filling her being and pouring outward. Her bow shattered, arrows splintered, and she drew back the light in their familiar shape. Hanging in the air, she shouted "Who, no what are you?!"
The creature's words bid her to be calm and accepting. Her rage wanted to wain. She struggled to maintain control.

fenriSSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Roxil turned his attention away from the man he was positive was not Jatne and focused his essence. It was usually unnesseccary, but he liked knowing new people would see him for the kind and generous man he was. First he used New Friend Aroma, attempting to instill an sense of friendship. Second he used Stance-as-Thought Stride, creating the first impression of himself as trustworthy and friendly. He didn’t bother with Treasure as Trash method, if this person had any level of essence sense they would have noticed the enchanted nature of his tattoos already. If they hadn’t noticed that, they would likely notice the fair sum of essence he burnt on the social charms Maaki taught him. Chances were however, that this was an ordinary mortal with no ability to sense feel or see essence at all. With the celestial drug fresh in his system he could see essence, and she had none.
Chi, renja! Roxil put on his finest smile, completely oblivious to the fact that he was in the presence of yet another being who may not understand Forest Tongue. He stretched out an arm to help her up. Anat shin kimwa nai kei buru kokoni? Anat Woneyii Roxil, hiti ami Harakuema ni kita, Cherochybi ni nami, so ochi ami sore kirei hiti Xylithippi." (Yo, stranger! … I trust you’re not planning trouble here? I am Woneyii Roxil, city god of Harakuema to the north, Cherochybi to the south, and land god of this beautiful city Xylithippi.) He crouched and reached out to help the woman to her feet.
Su’cuy,” The human in a dark red tunic behind Roxil waved. Ni ceta, I tried to tell him, but he went with the usual greeting anyway. There are at least a few people in this city that don’t worship him.” (Hello, … sorry)

Last edited by Corsenna on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Kaytee should not have stay in Nexus alone. She was not afraid of a fight or trouble from any lowlife, but she found it very overwhelming. The air was thick with smoke, hard to absorb and blocking most of the much needed sunlight. The streets were crowded and coated in filth. All Kaytee want was to leave but she need to see; Xylithippi was not a secret these days, but the Dragon Blooded had been lurking around more than usual. One woman, Roxil’s great-great-great-grand daughter Kina, had moved to Harakuema not long before the patrols grew. She had also made many trips to Nexus in that time. Kina was also here now. Kaytee only meet Kina once before she left Xylithippi, but the girl seem different now, more vibrant. It was obvious she now possess more of the energy they call essence here, the reason was still not clear to Kaytee.
She knew it would be awful for Roxil to discover his own family could betray his home; Kaytee need to find out first. When more patrols started to come in the area, some people would go missing when they went out to hunt or trade. To worship Anathema was banned by Dragon Blooded law, celestial cultists were killed when they were discovered. If Kina supply information that put Xylithippi in danger, she would be executed immediately. Kaytee could find no way to leave this world so she make a home in Xylithippi, no one would be allowed to put her home in danger.
She follow Kina through many dirty street until the girl stopped at a tavern. Inside she buy an ale and sit in dark corner booth with a man Kaytee had never seen. He was muscular and very pale, his eyes were ice blue, and his long hair bright red was pulled into a tight ponytail. Kaytee make a mistake though, her time was almost gone, she could not change her appearance indefinitely like Roxil, she had to leave Nexus now. Any way, Jatne would be pleased at any new information when she return after him.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperAwesome Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:51 am

Su cuy’gar Ro’ika!” (“Hello, Roxil!” lit. you’re still alive)The man that appeared to be Jatne gave Roxil a pointed look, clearly the Lunar had noticed his unbandaged arm.
Su cuy’gar, Jat’ika, I didn’t expect you back this soon”
N’tionase. Mar’eycese. Su’cuy, Maaki! Jate gar haa’taylier. (“Don’t ask, exploring. Hello, Maaki! Good to see you.”)The woman only nodded in response to his greeting, he would call her stance at that moment deliberately indifferent, she obviously recognized him.
“Is that so? I hope you had fun. Has you stay been enjoyable so far?”
“I’m still stranded without my buir and vode, chakaar. This place has perks for sure, but don’t call it a stay. I’m stranded and cut off from my aliit, they need me. Now what are you planning to do about the new guest?” (buir- father/mother, vode- brothers/sisters, aliit- clan/family)
“I don’t have a new guest,”
“Yes you do,” Maaki chimed in, she was pointing a short way down the river in unison with Jatne.
“Didn’t you hear her yelling?” Jatne followed Roxil toward the newcomer, careful to keep his unbandaged left arm and his blaster hidden in his shirt. Roxil slapped his ears gently the whole way over and leaned directly over the woman’s face. “Is it just me, or does she seem a little … kih, ori’kih?” (“…small, very small.”) Jatne estimated she couldn’t be much more than 70 centimeters head to toe. Jatne was sure the sight of Roxil, at roughly 222 centimeters, leaning over her grinning like that would be quite unpleasant though Roxil did have a unique sort of charisma. “Please don’t give the usual greeting, please this once?”

SuperAwesome

http://lauranta.home.blog

Back to top Go down

Post by fenriSSoul Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:50 pm

What is it like to go from nothingness to somethingness? What is it to transition from the realm of the void to all things tangible, with a semblance of uniform weight and form? Kuthu couldn't tell you. She tore through a rift, the tip of a large tentacle wrapped around her abdomen, and for another countless time she could not tell you how it felt. She couldn't tell you how the weight fluxiations effected her body and mind. In pure, unadulterated rage, caked in the blood of some far-reaching Outsider dino-squid, the only thing she could tell you is that the writhing, suction-cupped mass suddenly stopped being so squishy. The ooze-like blood of the beast burned at her closed eyes and filled her nostrils. She hadn't noticed that the arrows she was stabbing the creature with were no longer her own, but void-light itself. Least of all did she notice the roar of the river behind her or the tentacle slipping down it.
"RAAA.." she screamed wordlessly before being snatched underwater. She thrashed about, scrambling for the surface and to stop being slung around. Surprisingly to her the tentacle loosened. She was slapped across the bank, mud and grass embedding itself into her hair, before the tentacle rolls and once more she is slammed underwater. The tentacle loosened enough for her to wriggle free but the current quickly slams her head onto a rather large rock protruding from the river bed. She starts to lose consciousness. In one last push, she opened her eyes, ignoring the burning from the viscous blood of the Outsider, found the sun, and swam with all of her might. She was unprepared for the light above the surface.
She swam for the bank she saw and found sand with her hands. She crawled ashore and rolled onto her back, coughing up blood, most of which was not her own. This plane was blinding, but her other senses slowly filtered in. She couldn't remember how long it had been since she entered the void, but the smells and tastes alone were almost painful to take in again all at once.
She screamed,
"FUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKK!"
Blood and spittle fell back on her face before she let her head fall back to relax and adjust to her new surroundings.

fenriSSoul

Back to top Go down

NEW MAIN STORY Empty NEW MAIN STORY

Post by Corsenna Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:13 pm

It was a particularly hot summer in the East this year, even worse, particularly humid. It had been raining for nearly a month straight and the Yanaze river had flooded right to the border of Xylithippi. Roxil stood knee-deep in the water, sunlight sparkling against the silver tattoos covering his nearly bare body and the three stones embedded in his skin. His tail was wrapped around his waist as he caught fish with his hands and tossed them to a basket on the shore without even looking, not one missed. Dozens of children were playing in the courtyard, many of them sporting thick coats of glossy black fur or long-haired black tails. He hadn’t been here in 500 years but even though the once small village had grown to many times it’s original size his genes still carried strong in the population. Even so, Xylithippi’s proximity to the city of Nexus kept them relatively protected from Dragon Blooded interference. Roxil looked at his basket of fish, offering to hunt for the feast was much easier when Xylithippi was a village of 100, hunting for 2600 was a completely different matter. He had already hunted several bears that were being skinned and cooked at the giant fire in the city center.
Jatne had gone to Nexus the day before and was due back any time. Roxil was apprehensive about letting him make the trip alone but he had insisted and there was a lot of work to be done here. Maaki had even agreed to make a delivery for him, a small personal provision that would be shared with no one. Better yet, tonight was going to be a full moon, he had at least a few more before Luna’s Kiss but it would be enjoyable regardless. He was back in time for harvest so the villagers were gathering a mass of fruits and vegetables for the feast. Roxil couldn’t help but grin, they also planned to open fifty barrels of wine and 50 barrels of ale. It was good to be home again.
Chi!” ("Yo!")
Roxil turned just in time to catch the little pouch tossed to him by a tall woman with chestnut colored hair. No matter how many times he saw it, her featureless silver mask still disturbed him.
Nichi, Maaki.” ("Hello, Maaki.") He immediately opened the pouch to inspect the contents, pulling out some of the shimmering powder to inhale.
Ani? Mi kimwa nai shin anat? Anatshi batsu kimwa tame sore.” (What? Do you not trust me? I'll punish you for that.") The woman laughed before erupting into a blur of fur, solidifying as a massive bear. The man shifted as well appearing as a humanoid cat with glossy black fur, he stood nearly thirteen feet in height now. The fight ended almost as suddenly as it had started with bear pinning him down, razor sharp teeth at his throat.
"Anat atea" ("I give!")The man roared. They both turned human again and laughed happily. Several villagers stared at them in shock for a few a moments before going back to their own business. The woman pulled Roxil to his feet and they turned to head into the village, but Roxil was sure he saw someone move on the far side of the river.

Last edited by Corsenna on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down