Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OoC:Background Mini Stories

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OoC:Background Mini Stories - Page 2 Empty Re: OoC:Background Mini Stories

Post by Corsenna Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:15 am

AlleKote wrote:I think you're cheating now. That new one seemed like it would fit into the Depressing Childhood theme....but it ended on a kind of adorable note.
Well we're even now, yours ends on a more adorable note than it could have, couple of clones finally getting a real dad! Oh wait, it only takes him like another decade to formally adopt them even though by Mando law it literally just takes a sentence. That's always bothered me even though I still tear up a little even he finally does it.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlleKote Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:43 pm

I think you're cheating now. That new one seemed like it would fit into the Depressing Childhood theme....but it ended on a kind of adorable note.
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm

AlleKote wrote:
Brutal.

Well, at least the 3rd installment of the Depressing Childhood Club is happier! Wait, no it isn't. Well, at least they got some much needed revenge!
Also brutal. No hey, therapeutic vengeance... at least there's that.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlleKote Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Corsenna wrote:
AlleKote wrote:
Hey, I seem to remember you telling me about Roxil's backstory. It didn't sound that much happier. Maybe a little happier, but not by a long shot. Maybe you should join me in the depressing childhood club!
Are you happy now? Sad enough for you? I may have gone to an extreme writing his backstory when we picked up Exalted, but I wanted to really thoroughly hammer a sense of justice into him so there would be no question about why Luna picked him. I figured being raised as a mistreated slave and seeing his entire family brutally murdered for a reason beyond him to understand would do the trick. He'd want to make sure, any way he could, that no one else ever had to go through that again. So... you're right, he's definitely in the depressing childhood club.

Though, I'm 99.9% sure mine takes a happy turn a whole lot sooner than yours.
Brutal.

Well, at least the 3rd installment of the Depressing Childhood Club is happier! Wait, no it isn't. Well, at least they got some much needed revenge!
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:13 am

AlleKote wrote:
Hey, I seem to remember you telling me about Roxil's backstory. It didn't sound that much happier. Maybe a little happier, but not by a long shot. Maybe you should join me in the depressing childhood club!
Are you happy now? Sad enough for you? I may have gone to an extreme writing his backstory when we picked up Exalted, but I wanted to really thoroughly hammer a sense of justice into him so there would be no question about why Luna picked him. I figured being raised as a mistreated slave and seeing his entire family brutally murdered for a reason beyond him to understand would do the trick. He'd want to make sure, any way he could, that no one else ever had to go through that again. So... you're right, he's definitely in the depressing childhood club.

Though, I'm 99.9% sure mine takes a happy turn a whole lot sooner than yours.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlleKote Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:44 am

Corsenna wrote:
AlleKote wrote:
As for Order 66, I cried all the way through that book. Interspersed with a few laughs of course, then more crying.
"Do you always pick up woman this way?"
"No, I shot Besany."
"He's not very good at pickup lines."
HAHA! That was funny! Now it's time for more crying.
Right near the end of True  Colors it starts to feel like a constant stream of... what did you call it to 'prepare' me (you failed by the way)... Soul crushing? Soul crushing was not inaccurate.
Right? I remember my first time through them constantly  thinking "could this get any more depressing?.... Oh, yeah, there it is." Even now reading them a second time through its still hitting me like a giant truck even though I'm not getting that glimmer of hope that it might get better right before it goes to osik all over again. Yet it's still so worth reading, no matter how many times Mike walks into the room and I just instinctively want to say "Shut up! I'm not crying! You're crying!"

A matter of about five seconds probably and so much would have been fairly peachy. As peachy as it could be. Just five seconds. Instead, so much goes so horribly wrong. That author has a habit of ripping your heart out and stomping all over it.
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:38 pm

AlleKote wrote:
As for Order 66, I cried all the way through that book. Interspersed with a few laughs of course, then more crying.
"No, I shot Besany."
Right near the end of True  Colors it starts to feel like a constant stream of... what did you call it to 'prepare' me (you failed by the way)... Soul crushing? Soul crushing was not inaccurate.
Right? I remember my first time through them constantly  thinking "could this get any more depressing?.... Oh, yeah, there it is." Even now reading them a second time through its still hitting me like a giant truck even though I'm not getting that glimmer of hope that it might get better right before it goes to osik all over again. Yet it's still so worth reading, no matter how many times Mike walks into the room and I just instinctively want to say "Shut up! I'm not crying! You're crying!"
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlleKote Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Corsenna wrote:Wow Bubbles, way to get dark. Seriously though, probably about spot on for those poor kids, and it is fact that sometime before Skirata got to Kamino they were exposed to live ordinance. But man... I just finished my re-read of Order 66 today, I think I'm depressed enough!

"No, I shot Besany."
Right near the end of True Colors it starts to feel like a constant stream of... what did you call it to 'prepare' me (you failed by the way)... Soul crushing? Soul crushing was not inaccurate.
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

OoC:Background Mini Stories - Page 2 Empty OoC:Background Mini Stories

Post by Corsenna Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 pm

Wow Bubbles, way to get dark. Seriously though, probably about spot on for those poor kids, and it is fact that sometime before Skirata got to Kamino they were exposed to live ordinance. But man... I just finished my re-read of Order 66 today, I think I'm depressed enough!
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2