Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With All that Power...

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

With All that Power... - Page 2 Empty Re: With All that Power...

Post by PandaFace Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 pm

"I could probably fly faster! And you wouldn't even need a basket! You could all fit on my back if we wait till morning." No one seemed surprised, only days ago she had been a mere foot long, now she was 15 feet tall. Her last major growth spurt was coming up, by morning she would be twice as big. With all her abilities at her disposal she would be able to fly at 400 miles an hour.

"I just said absolutely not! Do you even hear me?"

"Bro, calm down."

"Did you really just call me bro, cat?"

"He heard someone say it at the mall, and a bunch at that gaming place. I'm sure we'll be fine if we're careful, Al"

"What part of a dragon carrying people on her back flying faster than Roxil can run is being careful? You're not really that dense are you?"
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

It was hours before Roxil came back downstairs, when he did he had a big grin on his face.

"So we're all agreed that Al is a suspicious ass. Anyway it doesn't matter anymore, who wants to go on a trip? Anne told me that there is a forest nearby. I want to go. It's called Hiawatha and its only a few hundred miles from here."

"Where is Anne anyway? And how is a few hundred miles nearby?"

"She's sleeping upstairs. How is a few hundred miles not nearby? I could fly there pretty quick, we could make a basket to carry everyone else. Combined, you'll still weigh less than a bunch of armored Solars. Another option is I could run, it'll take longer but if I pull a wagon it'll be more comfortable for the rest of you."

"Absolutely not." Al said, knowing he was only going to make Roxil mad again. "Hiawatha is dangerous for inhumans, they tend to go missing there. Besides, wouldn't flying with a basket full of people, or even running with a wagon be conspicuous? I told you already, you need to keep a low profile."
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:42 am

"Are you sure he is not killing her? We have never heard a human make that sound."

"I'm sure. Go downstairs, it is rude to listen."

"You said his mood would be better? Why?"

"It does not matter. Do not worry, I'm sure Anne is safe... or at least happy."

There was still much Kaytee did not understand about flesh-beings. What was happening did not sound safe. Maybe Al was right and it did not matter. Anyway, they had been busy or out of the bar for a long time, customers would be angry if there was no one to serve them. She would have to ask Roxil about what they were doing later.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:21 am

Alexia had to admit she was also curious about Al. Roxil and Kaytee had seemed pretty open about themselves, but Al refused to tell them anything. It was at that moment a plan started to form. He didn't sleep in his office. Sure he would know what they were up to, trying to steal his journal right in front of him, but he couldn't see what happened while he slept.

"I'm going to check on Roxil, you know how he is when he's mad." Really she just wanted to tell him what she was thinking. Alexia went up the stairs to call on him, but something wasn't right. "Someone help! I think Roxil is trying to kill Anne!" She pressed her ear to the door, she didn't like the sounds the human was making. Kaytee ran up the stairs with Al not far behind. Kaytee was about to break the door down, but Al stopped her.

"He's definitely not killing her..." Al said vaguely, urging everyone back to the bar. "I wouldn't worry about it, perhaps he'll be in a better mood when he comes out again."
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:01 pm

"You already know I contain dozens of people's memories going back thousands of years, could you even get through all that? Whatever, it doesn't matter anyway. Keep your secrets, but remember next time you tell me to trust you, you won't even tell me what you are."

"I will. You just remember, I chose to take memories from your previous life. I could easily choose to take those that are more personal. Or if you'd prefer, I could take your love so you could never feel it again. I don't enjoy taking such this from people, but I will do whatever I need to in order to protect what's mine. My abilities allow me to do important work and I won't allow it to be compromised."

Important work, he wondered. What good could he be up to that he couldn't share with anyone? Even so he put the journal back in the drawer and walked away. The only benefit of wearing pants was the free alcohol, so far Al had kept his part of the deal. Today though rather than drinking in the bar, he let himself into the storage room where he grabbed a keg to bring up to his apartment. Anne, in her own body again, followed him up presumably to talk more.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:44 pm

"Roxil, we think it would be wise for you to obey. We understand cats are known for being curious, but if we understand correct, you were a human first. You should respect Al's wishes, if only for the generosity he has shown all of us."

Among Kariishans the highest respect was only for the most powerful. She had seen how powerful Roxil was, he would likely be near the top of their little hierarchy, if not at the top. Al however was unknown. Kaytee would not be surprised if he were more powerful than all of them. She also would not be surprised if he was much weaker, maybe that was the secret he protected.

Kaytee had hidden much her own power here. Her ability to use magic in this world was much weaker than at home, but it was still very strong. Because of the age and number of her siblings she could also use a wide variety of magic. Some she knew, were much more powerful than others. She could manipulate the world around her, and the people in it, with ease. That would likely make others very uncomfortable.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Alexia watched Roxil frantically try to find someone to help with his plan. It seemed unlikely, but eventually one of the regulars came in. Roxil was on him immediately and the man seemed interested. Eventually he agreed, and followed the Lunar to Al's office. True to his word Roxil was able to open the lock in seconds. His assumption was proved correct, the only thing in the drawer was what appeared to be an antique leather bound journal.

"Put that down now. Do it, or I will drain you of every memory, every emotion, everything I can stomach until you're nothing but a drooling shell left in the basement till the day you die."

"That's quite a threat. I don't like being threatened." Roxil formed his claws, clenching his fists.

"What could be so bad you can't tell us? For everything we know about you, you probably know twice as much about most of us. If we told anyone, you'd be able to do the same and some. Isn't it better that we can be honest with each other?"

"You're right, lizard, and you're wrong. We cannot all be honest with each other. There are reasons you can't possibly understand. Now, Roxil, put the book down. I will not warn you of the consequences twice, do it now."
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:22 am

"Whatever he is indeed. Do you want to know the real reason I agreed to this experiment? I can't do it myself for reasons I'd prefer not to discuss. Al has questioned every one of us that came to us for help. He took memories from us, something tells me I'm the only one that had memories I could really afford to lose, they weren't actually mine. In return, he's told us nothing about himself. I have a theory, many people like to keep records of their lives. Even I did, the people in my temples took turns writing the stories I told them. If Al were to have such a record in his office, it would likely be in the only drawer he keeps locked. It's a manual lock, not one of those magic-"

"Electronic,"

"Whatever. The point is I can get through it easily. That means one of you would have a little under an hour to see what you can learn." Roxil looked at them, expecting someone to agree.

"Al has been good to us in our time here, we could not betray him."

"We have nowhere to go if we make him mad, right Roxil?" Alexia was right, but Roxil had to believe there was somewhere else he could belong here. Somewhere he didn't have to lie, and where people didn't lie to him. Time was running out. He had no other choice, he went back to main bar, to see if anyone he had seen in the VIP room was out there. Maybe one of them would be as curious as he was.

Last edited by Corsenna on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 pm

"Will it be safe for us?"

"If I am being honest I have no idea. I was able to gain a good understand of your people, but maybe be enough. It is only a drop, and humans are comprised large of water."

"Really, one drop should only make us a little sick anyway if it does.

"One snake come up again. He gave Kaytee the drop of blood, but like the Dragon there was no change. It was not surprise though. She happy that it did not make her sick.

"Does not work on dragons or on us. Now it Als turn, you promise you would do it also."

Roxil produce another drop and though he look unhappy Al took it. He only look shock for a second before shrinking. Kaytee gently pick up the man that was now a snake.

"So it does work on... whatever he is."
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:14 pm

"That's so cool! I want to try!"

"The person that taught me said it only works on humans and other exalts. I've never really tested it though,"

Alexia had to laugh, fly the first time it seemed tat Roxil said something tat actually interested Al. He engaged in the conversation for the first time.

"Maybe you should. Scientific discovery is the root of growth. You're something this world has never seen before. We'd likely never be able to replicate your abilities, but it wouldn't hurt to better understand them. I'd like to propose an experiment. We know it works on humans. I'd like to see, with everyone's agreement of course, if it does work on Alexia, Kaytee, and I'd even be willing to participate myself."

Roxil sighed and reformed his claws and pricked his finger once again.

"Let's get it done with, who wants to be a snake?" He offered the drop to Alexia when said she wanted to try. To her dismay, he was right, it had no effect. Though she could technically shapeshift herself, it just didn't change her weight, only her appearance.
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 pm

"I don't know if I could properly explain exalts to you. There are two types, celestial and terrestrial. The terrestrials are terrible thieves. Among the celestials there are another two, Solars and Lunars. The Solars blessed by the Unconquered Sun Sol Invictus, though technically the rightful rulers of Creation, are utterly insane and incapable of performing their duties with the aid and support of the Lunars. I am along the Lunar exalts, blessed by the Fickle Lady Luna.'

'Our lady gave us the gift of change, complete control over the shape of our bodies, and with training, even our minds. Further still, again with training, we can extend that gift to others for a short time."

"You can what?"

"As an example, with your consent, I could make you a cat, a bird, a snake, even a spider. You are stuck as such until time runs out however."

"You could turn me into a cat? I wouldn't be able to talk though,"

"Unless you know someone that can communicate with animals," He pointed to himself. She was a brave girl indeed, she wanted to try. In fact, she didn't hesitate at all until Roxil explained the process. Just a drop for an hour, quite a bit more for a day. A drop of what? Many might have asked had he paused, she had to ingest his blood. Curiosity got the best of her though and she settled on a hesitant willingness. He had not lied to her, sure enough she became a cat and would stay that way for the next hour.

She find herself distracted by new instincts and unfamiliar senses. Somehow though, it felt natural as if she had always been a cat. Roxil allowed himself a smile, he remembered his first change and how exciting it had been. He remembered that feeling as someone who had grown up around stories of the exalted. For Anne this was entirely unknown territory. He admired her boldness, it made her all the more attractive to him.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:12 pm

"Our oldest sibling, our sister Kataleina, she is sealed away for the safety of ourselves and those around us. Still we have 6 siblings, 4 brothers and 2 sisters. Kieran, Amalaya, Yazish, Tiore, Emylea, and Ezekeal. We are all in our mind at all times but only 1 is in charge at any time. We have agreed on a fair rotation of control.'

'Kataleina, to our shame committed a taboo among our people. She connected her mind to the Mother Tree's shortly after Kieran's birth. She absorbed more power than a Kariishan body can hold and her magic went out of control. The elders sealed her in our mind to contain the explosive force of her magic. It would take a body of no less than 26 siblings and 10,000 years to contain the amount of power she obtained."

"What is a mother tree?" Anne asked even though more than that confused her.

"The Mother Kariish. The tree from which all our bodies were grown. The source of our life and power. Kariish is the Mother Tree and all our people are her offspring."

"I still don't understand. An actual tree? Does that mean you're-"

"You could call us her flowers. When Kariish was only a seed she separated from her mother and was released into the void. Her roots and branches grew until she was much larger than your own planet. All alone she learned to create children that could grow with her rather than following her ancestors in creating seeds to send alone into the void."

"So you do mean a literal tree, and you're a plant?"

"Yes, that is what we said. We drink only water and our nutrition comes from the light of the sun. This is like the plants on your planet is it not?"

"Yeah but they don't talk..."
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Alexia was more perplexed then ever. This human had gone from terrified to amazed in mere moments. Roxil claimed to hear prayers in his mind. Kaytee claimed to be 6 or 7 people in one body. Dragons were not farfetched in her own mind. However, Roxil's story seemed to consist of being born human and becoming a god. There was talk of his past lives as though he has previously been different people. Al mentioned tasting Roxil's memories which made no sense, though she wondered what memories would taste like. He has asked to taste hers before, but she didn't like the sound of that so she refused.

Alexia already found the variety of inhumans astounding despite how few she had met. Given her own bewilderment about inhumans, she wondered what it must be like for someone that has grown in a world where those things didn't exist. She had to admit, she wanted to hear the answer to Anne's question as well. How many others are there?

"I think the human in the room might find it helpful for everyone to explain more about themselves..." Alexia waited patiently, Al refused but she hoped the others might be willing.
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:12 pm

"You asked for honesty. I am Woneyi Roxil, supposedly born on the Blessed Isle, but I grew in the East of Creation. I received the Divine Gifts of Luna when I was 19, I am now 224. Or, somewhere around there. I've been awake for 224 years. I slept for many years, until there was a need to leave the Wyld, turning back my own time. When I exiled myself I had just over 300 people living at my temples. By the time I left the Wyld there were nearly 1000. Every day I've been here has been a new test of my tolerance to pain, I've missed the voices of my people more than anything. Anne, you must trust me when I say I will not hurt you. I am a kind god, I will only hurt those who are toxic to the world."

"Oh shut up Roxil," Al covered his face with his hand again. "You are not a god, remember, I tasted your memories. Well, memories from one of your past lives, someone much more intelligent than you."

"It's true the exalted themselves are not gods, my past lives were not gods, but I ascended above them. I accepted the burden of divinity for the good of humanity. Only gods hear the prayers of their people, so explain why I could hear the prayers in my mind? Why the voices of my people were always with me?"

Anne raised her glass as if to say she hadn't had nearly enough alcohol for this. An alien, a dragon, and a man that called himself a god. She already regretted asking for the truth. She tensed up when Roxil leaned down to her level and wrapped his arms around her.

It didn't matter if she believed what he said he was. It didn't matter if she wanted to become one of his followers or not. All that really mattered was that she knew he wouldn't hurt her. It mattered that she believed he truly wanted to continue spending time with her. Roxil secretly hoped that if she accepted what he was, others might as well. If he could be accepted he wouldn't have to hide anymore.

"This is... incredible!" She put her hand in Roxil's thick fur. "It's actually real. And a dragon too, this is incredible!" Anne relaxed significantly. She got over the shock rather quickly, now she was just curious. "So how many others are there?"
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:35 pm

This was not good. Roxil turned a potentially bad scenario into a terrible one, and Alexia made it worse. She understood Al's frustration with his new guests so much better now. Anne was clearly terrified though she seemed to be relaxing slightly now.

"It is true, some of us are not human. We told you before our name is Kaytee, this is only what our body is called. In truth all of our siblings were born into this body. This is the way of the Kariishan people. Though this body contains 7 siblings we are only 6. We were an Enforcer among our people, and we are duty-bound to harm no innocent. You are safe in our presence." Kaytee thought to be honest would be most helpful.

"Kariishan? And Alexia, she's really a big talking...lizard? A really big talking lizard?"

"I'm not a lizard! I'm a dragon! Dragon!"

Kaytee put a hand on Alexia's back and gently rub the scales to calm her. An angry Dragon would not make the human more comfortable.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:59 pm

"Well if he doesn't have to be a people anymore, I don't want to either!"

"No, Ale-" Al tried to protest but it was too late. Alexia abandoned her false human appearance for her more natural shape. Roxil had been surprised at her first growth spurt when she went from the size of a large lizard to 3 feet tall. She had appeared as a human since then she was now roughly 10 feet tall.

Anne tried to step back through the door but Al put himself in the way.

"You know I'm not going to eat you, right? You're my big bro's friend, he really likes you. He says you're one of the prettiest humans he's met!"

"Your big bro?" Anne's voice shook with fear.

"Roxil, obviously! You can't tell he likes you? We may not be regular people, but that doesn't make us bad does it? Alexia grabbed a glass and indicated for Kaytee to bring her beer. She was relieved not to look like a human child anymore. Her age didn't matter in her natural form. Alexia took one sip before handing it to Anne. "You could probably use some of this." Anne took the glass and quickly drank the contents.

"So it's true, you really aren't humans?"
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:21 pm

"Damn it, there is no more secret. She figured it out, right? So can't we just stop lying? Anne, come with me." Roxil peeked into the VIP room to make sure it was currently empty. When he was satisfied that no one else would be discovered he took Anne's hand and pulled her in.

"Would you believe me if I said I was a god?"The other Roxil said from behind her.

"Of course not, that's ridiculous." She watched with shock and a little bit of horror when the second Roxil recombined himself with the first, right before turning into a 12 foot tall half-cat-half-person creature.

"And now? It's fine if you want to go ahead and start worshipping me now, but if not, I'm aware you have no previous experience with gods. Take whatever time you need."

"Roxil that is the dumbest thing you could have done! Did you seriously think that was a good idea?" Al was furious, as he had already been several times with Roxil. He could only hope the girl didn't panic.

"I'm not dumb. At best, I can start fresh as Catman. At worst, she's too afraid of me to cause any trouble. I love humans, but they're simple creatures. So Anne, I would very much like to continue being friends. I have enjoyed playing games with you. You don't want to ruin that do you?" He was sincere, trying his best to be the least threatening he could.

Last edited by Corsenna on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm

"The tattoo are cosplay sticker glued to skin, that is why they do not smear. The kegs I carried upstairs were empty. You did not see me put them behind bar."

"You are lying. Even if they were empty, the ones you put by computers were not. Sticker? Is he allergic to glue? The skin is red around them, why would not he take them off?"

Kaytee could not think how to convince the woman. She made a dumb mistake. Normally she take supplies from basement when bar was closed, when no one could see. She had not thought about it. She looked at Al, but he still say nothing.

"You are wrong. You can not prove this." Anne reply by saying it true that she could not prove it. But also that she did not want to tell. She seem honest, but Kaytee spend to much time trying to hide secret to give up now. She did not know what to do.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:38 pm

The Roxils shrugged and went back toward the front of the bar, to the door leading upstairs. Kaytee and the other 3 followed to finish their drinks before leaving.

"Last chance," Roxil winked at Anne.

"So moment of honesty," Anne said very quietly when they were all up front by Al and Mark and Julia had left. "My uncle works for Al, supplying special foods and drinks. How many of you are really human?" Everyone stopped and stayed silent for some time.

"You're related to Ethan?" Al finally asked.

"Yes I am. He never told me anything, but he also never locked his home office."

"We are all human. You just let your imagination get away from you. What would we be if not human?"

"Alexia is right. I don't know what your Uncle has been writing about in his notes, but this is just a normal bar full of normal people. Perhaps he knew some nosey young niece was snooping around his office and kept fake notes to amuse her."

"Bull, look at Roxil, and his brother, you're telling me they're normal? I know, I know a lot of people have tattoos. A fair number of people do even have tattoos on their face. I am not dumb, there is no such thing as metallic tattoo ink. It goes under the skin, and skin does not reflect light like metal. Those tattoo are not possible. But they also are not fake, he's been rubbing them all day but they haven't smeared at all. Kaytee, I thought she was a normal human until I saw her singlehandedly carry two kegs up the stairs at once. You need a lot more muscles than she has to do that as easyily as she did. So what are you really?"
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Both Roxils were already 8 beers deep before the team members logged in. They each refilled while a match was being found.

"So if we get all the gold between us, we get a special reward right?"

"Gold medals on their own mean nothing. No deal."

"I call Winston!"

"No fair, that's my pick."

"I'll give you a moment to realize the flaw in that argument. Go Roadhog,"

"No I'll take Ana. This is a Prefect chance for a pocket healer that knows how the Winston thinks."  Roxil smiled when the others, Mark and Julia, picked Reaper and Zarya.  Kaytee took Lucio and Anne chose Soldier 76.

By the time they played several matches, they also had several beers each. Even so they still had an incredible winrate. Al was watching, working the bar while Kaytee played, shaking his head at them the whole time. Both Roxils shamelessly flirted with Anne, neither realized how uncomfortable that would probably be for someone that thought they were brothers, even for someone that knew the truth.

"You guys need to stop before I make a terrible drunken choice. I'm seconds away from telling one of you to get naked." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Only one?" The second Roxil chuckled, Anne blushed hoping he was joking.

"Okay," Al said loudly. "Go home Roxil, you're drunk. You too, Kieran. You're going to end up saying something... well, something else, you really shouldn't. I'm cutting you off."

Last edited by Corsenna on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:03 am

Kaytee set up the computers in the back of the bar, away from the VIP room and where fewer patrons would be gathered. There were 6 total now, enough for the whole team. They were expensive, but Kaytee had been earning money she did not need much of for nearly 12 years. She did not eat, she did not drink anything but water, and Al barely charged her for the apartment. He called it a good behavior discount.

Without any help she lifted two kegs and brought them to a table near the computers. Next she gathered 6 glasses and placed them on the same table along with a large container of warm water for herself.

"Now for a real team test. How well do you guys play together drunk?"

"You guys? As in, not you?"

"I am unable to process alcohol, it is a health thing. Roxil had a head start, be happy, I do not think you could keep up." She filled the glasses and passed them out while Alexia quickly made a profile for the second Roxil. She finished before the humans came back to sign in. While preparing the area for the team to game in, she had not noticed Anne watching her or the Roxils carefully.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:53 am

"Kaytee, Anne is here! Is Roxil back yet?"

"Wait he left? Wasn't it his idea to meet here?"

"Kaytee sent him and his brother to get more computers in case you wanted to play" As Alexia finished, Kaytee came up from the basement and the Roxils came through the front door. The Roxils were holding boxes that seemed too large for a single person too carry so easily. Kaytee had a full keg in each hand, though she carried them like they were empty.

"Al is here, so I will get in trouble if I don't look at your identification before providing alcohol."

"I admit I've never met twins, but wow, I really can't tell which one of you I've met."

"Kieran, yes I know, I'm the sexy one."

"And so modest. Alright, I have to ask, those tattoos are crazy. Crazy enough on just one of you, but both? I tried to ignore it earlier, but you guys are really going all out on the identical twin thing, aren't you?"

"It's complicated, and personal. Silver lining though, it's fun."

"He won't even tell me, and I'm the little sister, so good luck." Alexia had learned a lot about humans already in her time here. She had learned to be more perceptive. To her, Anne seemed suspicious. Not in the way that there was something wrong about her, but that Anne was sure there was something wrong about them. There was no way she could really know, right?
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:28 pm

"I thought I wasn't allowed to do this sort of thing. Kaytee, I'm going to need two beers, or one really big beer." Without waiting he went back to the VIP room and closed his eyes for a few seconds. Kaytee came back with his drinks just in time to see him split into two identical copies of himself. She set the drinks on a table as Al stepped out of his office.

"Shit, there's two of you?" He covered his face with his hand shaking his head. "I can barely handle one."

"You can try and handle both of us," Both Roxils said with a mischievous grin, each grabbing their drinks. Al simply returned to his office without a word. Oh come on, I've never heard you use language like that! I just thought you decided it was actually time to have some fun!"

"What was it you named me? Kieran? I don't like it, but I guess I have no choice."

"You really are identical,"

"Of course, he's as much me as I am. I divided my own essence to create him. However, he is completely separate from me until we combine again, then I'll gain his memories and experiences."

"That's so cool! How did you learn to do that?"

"Luna taught him...me? He was lonely all by himself in the Wyld, needed someone to talk to, cuddle up with... even if it was himself."

"Never mind, that sounds like it's going somewhere... weird."

Last edited by Corsenna on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:46 pm

"Right!" Kaytee understood. "You mentioned a twin brother! Kieran, right? He looks like you, sounds like you, and could play exactly like you?" She used one of her own names hoping it would not confuse or offend him.

Roxil looked at them, confused. He had only recently described the ability to them, earlier that same day in fact. How could he not understand what they were hinting?

"The twin that is so like you, almost as if you are the same person?" That seemed to clear it up for him.

"Right! My brother, of course! Do you know Al's bar downtown? He'll be there this evening if you'd like to meet him."

"I guess I could do that. Having some players that already know each other would probably be good anyway. I have to help close up here, but we can meet at the bar in 2 hours? We can have a few drinks in celebration." They all agreed, Kaytee wanted to get them home quickly, she had no idea how much time Roxil would need.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:27 pm

"Well guys, I don't think I really need to keep looking. We had great communication and synergy. I've already tested 10 other people, but most of them didn't really have what I was looking for. If you want, welcome to the team. Before you agree, the tournament is in Japan. My brother and I have saved up enough for travel costs and lodging for the whole team, you'll only need to worry about food. They're 13 hours ahead of us though so you'll want to adjust your sleep schedule ahead of time. If you're all in, we just need a team name."

"Unfortunately I'm not in," Tony said. "If it were local sure, but I have responsibilities here. I've got a 2 week old son at home, I don't want to leave my wife to take care of him alone while I go overseas to play a video game."

"Roxil, don't you know someone that can play at the exact same skill level as you?" She recalled something he had told her earlier, one of the many strange abilities he had. An ability she wanted an opportunity to see.

"I have no idea what you're taking about, you're the only people I know here."
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next