Questions about Characters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about Characters?

Post by Corsenna on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Is there anything you want to know about anyone else's character? If you want more detail about history, backstory, powers, or anything else, ask here. These questions can include characters mentioned in the NPC topic as well.

Last edited by Corsenna on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Admin

View user profile http://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Regarding Everyone

Post by Corsenna on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 am

I have a question about everyone's characters. In Exalted all Lunars have a Tell which is some kind of feature unique to them based on their spirit form. In Roxil's case the Tell is a combination of cat ears and a gloriously fluffy tail. In Exalted the rules for viewing the tell are based on MDV (Mental Defense Value) which doesn't exist in a forum setting. That means you other people will have to decide if your character can see it or not. As a general rule regular humans won't be able to see it but a lot of supernaturals will be able to. It really comes down to if your character would be low wisdom in a setting with stats you can't, if they would be high wisdom or have some kind of magic-augmented sight they could.

Last edited by Corsenna on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regarding Izumi

Post by PandaFace on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:16 am

Spoiler:

amanthatlookedlikeme wrote:Name: Yukiyama Izumi (雪山イヅミ)
Universe: Adeptus Evangelion
Type: Evangelion Pilot. Outside the Eva, regular high-school girl.
Physical Appearance: Eye Color: A deep blue, almost purple in the right light. Hair Color: Jet black. She wears it down, not quite to her shoulders in a bob. Skin tone: Probably lighter than you’d expect. Height: 5’ 0”. Weight: Waif-fu. Distinguishing Features: Despite her small size, one can make out her muscularity quite easily if looking for it. No tattoos, no scars. Style: When outside of school, you’d probably find her in a black halter under a t-shirt and skinny jeans, with a pair of ribbon pins in her hair. Posture: Reserved, arrogant, and sometimes menacing, unless you can calm her down.
Occupation: Well, she was getting a stipend from NERV for piloting, but in this new universe…
Specialties: Izu has an incredible intelligence; she’s a quick thinker and picks up new topics with ease. She has a bit of an interest in the sciences, and will sometimes throw out facts and formulas to show people why they’re wrong. Her perfectionism has led her to be athletic. She practices Kendo, Karate, and Aikido.
Distinguishing Powers: What? She’s just a regular human when not in the Eva. Why would she have powers or magic? Next question.
Combat: She’s strong and quick enough that she can knock out a regular person in a single punch.
Personality: Izu is a perfectionist, and can be very high-anxiety because of this. She suffers from depression, even though she’d never admit it. She can be haughty and disdainful, especially to those weaker or stupider than her (by her measuring, at least). And if you’re deformed in some manner, well, don’t expect any favors…
Background: Izu is well aware of the fact that she is an artificial human created for the sole purpose of piloting an Evangelion, and will absolutely keep that a secret. Much of her life and training has focused around both regular schoolwork and skills for piloting, which can leave her a bit naïve about how much of the world goes on, especially in a world she’s never seen before.

However, in reality, she is…
Spoiler:
DID YOU REALLY THINK
YOU'D GET ALL THE ANSWERS
JUST BY CLICKING A BUTTON?

So it's probably a good thing I didn't go with the the Unit 00/Thalia thing, huh? In answer to Spikey's question about the Tell I would like to think Alexia could probably see it.
PandaFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding Izumi

Post by Corsenna on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:59 am

PandaFace wrote:
Spoiler:

amanthatlookedlikeme wrote:Name: Yukiyama Izumi (雪山イヅミ)
Universe: Adeptus Evangelion
Type: Evangelion Pilot. Outside the Eva, regular high-school girl.
Physical Appearance: Eye Color: A deep blue, almost purple in the right light. Hair Color: Jet black. She wears it down, not quite to her shoulders in a bob. Skin tone: Probably lighter than you’d expect. Height: 5’ 0”. Weight: Waif-fu. Distinguishing Features: Despite her small size, one can make out her muscularity quite easily if looking for it. No tattoos, no scars. Style: When outside of school, you’d probably find her in a black halter under a t-shirt and skinny jeans, with a pair of ribbon pins in her hair. Posture: Reserved, arrogant, and sometimes menacing, unless you can calm her down.
Occupation: Well, she was getting a stipend from NERV for piloting, but in this new universe…
Specialties: Izu has an incredible intelligence; she’s a quick thinker and picks up new topics with ease. She has a bit of an interest in the sciences, and will sometimes throw out facts and formulas to show people why they’re wrong. Her perfectionism has led her to be athletic. She practices Kendo, Karate, and Aikido.
Distinguishing Powers: What? She’s just a regular human when not in the Eva. Why would she have powers or magic? Next question.
Combat: She’s strong and quick enough that she can knock out a regular person in a single punch.
Personality: Izu is a perfectionist, and can be very high-anxiety because of this. She suffers from depression, even though she’d never admit it. She can be haughty and disdainful, especially to those weaker or stupider than her (by her measuring, at least). And if you’re deformed in some manner, well, don’t expect any favors…
Background: Izu is well aware of the fact that she is an artificial human created for the sole purpose of piloting an Evangelion, and will absolutely keep that a secret. Much of her life and training has focused around both regular schoolwork and skills for piloting, which can leave her a bit naïve about how much of the world goes on, especially in a world she’s never seen before.

However, in reality, she is…
Spoiler:
DID YOU REALLY THINK
YOU'D GET ALL THE ANSWERS
JUST BY CLICKING A BUTTON?

So it's probably a good thing I didn't go with the the Unit 00/Thalia thing, huh? In answer to Spikey's question about the Tell I would like to think Alexia could probably see it.

I still think that could have been funny. Anyway let's be honest, Thalia would be super easy to play, and as for the Unit 00 part, Unit 00 is hungry. However, Roxil will totally be Alexia's bro! Please let him be Alexia's bro!

Last edited by Corsenna on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Question About Dialogue Colors

Post by Corsenna on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Corsenna wrote:I think we should try to standardize character dialogue colors across posts actually so everyone who doesn't have a color should pick one. So far we have
Roxil=Green
Alexia=Blue
Izumi=Violet
Kaytee=Orange

What color does everyone want to be? I'll edit this list as people pick theirs.

Last edited by Corsenna on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about Characters?

Post by amanthatlookedlikeme on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:10 pm

PandaFace wrote:So it's probably a good thing I didn't go with the the Unit 00/Thalia thing, huh? In answer to Spikey's question about the Tell I would like to think Alexia could probably see it.
TBQHonestly being Eva Buddies would be awesome, Thalia doubly so. Especially considering an Eva of "human size" without its armor would like... surprisingly human.

That being said, everyone likes magicdragon.

Corsenna wrote:I have a question about everyone's characters. In Exalted all Lunars have a Tell which is some kind of feature unique to them based on their spirit form. In Roxil's case the Tell is a combination of cat ears and a gloriously fluffy tail. In Exalted the rules for viewing the tell are based on MDV (Mental Defense Value) which doesn't exist in a forum setting. That means you other people will have to decide if your character can see it or not. As a general rule regular humans won't be able to see it but a lot of supernaturals will be able to. It really comes down to if your character would be low wisdom in a setting with stats you can't, if they would be high wisdom or have some kind of magic-augmented sight they could.
Izumi: I think yes, would be able to see it. I know we're crossing rules systems here, but she had an astoundingly high INT and PER, and well-above-average WP.

Corsenna wrote:I think we should try to standardize character dialogue colors across posts actually so everyone who doesn't have a color should pick one. So far we have
Roxil=Green
Alexia=Blue
Izumi=Violet

amanthatlookedlikeme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:33 pm

Corsenna wrote:I still think that could have been funny. Anyway let's be honest, Thalia would be super easy to play, and as for the Unit 00 part, Unit 00 is hungry. However, Roxil will totally be Alexia's bro! Please let him be Alexia's bro!

amanthatlookedlikeme wrote:
PandaFace wrote:So it's probably a good thing I didn't go with the the Unit 00/Thalia thing, huh? In answer to Spikey's question about the Tell I would like to think Alexia could probably see it.
TBQHonestly being Eva Buddies would be awesome, Thalia doubly so. Especially considering an Eva of "human size" without its armor would like... surprisingly human.

That being said, everyone likes magicdragon.

Maybe I'll have to consider her in the future if for any reason I stop being a dragon then, or if I could use her in a different story. We'll see.
Spikey ... of course Roxil can be Alexia's bro! Who wouldn't want Roxil to be their bro???
PandaFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:39 pm

PandaFace wrote:Who wouldn't want Roxil to be their bro???
Izumi. (?) Pretty sure Izumi does not want The Dumb to be her bro.
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amanthatlookedlikeme on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Corsenna wrote:
PandaFace wrote:Who wouldn't want Roxil to be their bro???
Izumi. (?) Pretty sure Izumi does not want The Dumb to be her bro.

She never had a brother, and her fellow pilots were... of varying levels of intelligence, so... she'd probably be unhappy, but tolerant? Maybe? Probably not.

amanthatlookedlikeme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question About Dialogue Colors

Post by Ijiro on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Kaytee is Orange?
Ijiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Corsenna wrote:
Roxil=Green
Alexia=Blue
Izumi=Violet
Kaytee=Orange
Jat'ika=Red

What color does everyone want to be? I'll edit this list as people pick theirs.
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top