Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With All that Power...

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

With All that Power... - Page 3 Empty Re: With All that Power...

Post by Corsenna Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:59 pm

"I only get 3 matches to prove myself and we start on Volskaya. This is one of the worst maps. Hey Kagazou, you mind being a flyer?"

"One Pharah coming up. So your friend took the Lucio pick, smart move. We also have a Zen, Tracer, and Zarya. So we're diving?" When the match started and they got to the first choke Anne went straight over top, Roxil leaped to the back of the defenses, and Kaytee used speed boost to move the others through quickly. Tracer, being played by a guy named Tony, blinked toward Roxil and helped take down the Mercy and Zenyatta first. Reaper turned to focus Roxil, but he was already leaping back to his healers protected by Zarya's barrier. He hadn't even realized they had a Genji back there trying to take down Kaytee, but his leap damage and auto target weapon made short work of him.

"Both healers are down with one of their DPS, push the point. Do you see the Reaper, Pharah?"

"Got a bunch of trash damage on him, 3 o'clock upstairs if you can clean him up Tracer."

"He's down," Tony responded quickly. "Too easy."

All three matches went pretty much the same. They also played on Dorado, and Lijang Tower. Each time they won with what felt like very little effort.

Last edited by Corsenna on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:50 pm

"They still have tournaments for that game?" Kaytee had no idea. "We would like to go with you if you plan to try out, perhaps this person would give us a chance as well."

Kaytee insisted on driving them to the meeting place, one of the first humans she had met in this world had taught her how. Though calling that woman human never seemed accurate. Roxil want happy, he wanted to run. Kaytee had to point out that people would notice if he ran too fast. Alexia wanted to fly, but that was worse.

She borrowed Al's car, he was happy to have them out for some time. She laughed a little, it was a small car that made Roxil very uncomfortable. She find the way to the cafe easily. The place was not very big. Inside there were a lot of computers and consoles. Sitting at a table in the back was a man and a woman.

"Hi there," The woman smiled. "I'm Kagazou, but my real name is Anne. Are you here for my team tryouts? Only 6 people I invited haven't checked in yet."

"I was not actually invited. I'm here with Roxil, AWeirdGuy, though I wondered if you might let me try too?" It didn't feel right to refer to herself as a single person.

"AWeirdGuy, you're definitely on my list. Well it won't hurt to at least see how you play. So Roxil, you're a Winston main?" She seemed distracted, and the guy whispered something that made her laugh. I only have 3 people checked in and ready to play right now so you can both have a seat and sign in if you want."
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:13 pm

"Roxil, have you been reading the email Kaytee set up for you?" In response to her question the lunar shook his head. "I don't think I've seen you read anything since you've been here." He gave no response this time other than seeming more concentrated on the game. Alexia, unfortunately for him, had moments where she was far more perceptive. "You can't read, can you? Is the writing different in your world? You speak well enough." He closed the game and leaned toward her.

"I'd rather you didn't tell anyone. They always want me to learn, but I simply have no interest. If something is important enough for me to know, someone should just tell me. What's the point in reading it, when you can say words with real emotions?"

"Well I just saw this in your inbox, Kaytee gave location data when she set up your account for that game and some local person is holding tryouts for a team to compete in a tournament. Some guy named... Kagazou? I guess he was in a few of your matches and invited you. There's some kind of retro game cafe where people are competing for a spot. According to the map link he sent it isn't far, twenty-two miles,"
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:28 am

Roxil needed to blow of some steam, he turned on Kaytee's computer and loaded up his new favorite game. People almost never used this kind of standard computer anymore so it wasn't like anyone else would want to use it, most people preferred to play games in VR.

"Sorry Winston, but I want to kill so much more today, it's Genji time." He noticed Al return a short time later but said nothing. It would be obvious to anyone looking that both their tensions were high. Roxil raged at the game more than usual. Al closed himself off into his office, something he rarely did. Al was the kind of guy with an open door policy.

"Kaytee, bring me a beer please!" He called from behind the door, another rare occurrence. Al preferred wine, and never drank during business hours.

"Great idea, me first if you don't mind, Kaytee. That guy will probably just throw it away along with any meaningful values anyway." He intentionally spoke loud enough for Al to hear.

Last edited by Corsenna on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:10 am

"Al, you have grown to love this city have not you? Do you not wish to make it better? Would removing bad elements not do that?"

"To allow murder would make me the bad element to be removed. Even if you believe it is a good thing, it is still murder. In my home, death was often a punishment for major crimes but it didn't stop them. There will always be bad elements no matter how many people you kill."

"We see your reason, but do not agree. We are from different world, world that gave us so much power. When someone is so stronger than all around them, it is their job to use that to make better for everyone. You ate memories of our father, you know of the Enforcers. The just powerful people on my world are trusted to not only make the laws, but to enforce them. We are trusted to do it however we think right." Kaytee went back to bar, she knew she would not change his mind. Still, she wish he understand, good citizens should feel safe in their home. Here, no one is really safe. Good puerile are hurt by friends, neighbors, and strangers. Supernatural people were being killed by puerile that seemed unknown by everyone. It had to be stopped.
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:42 pm

"You're really a god aren't you? I've never met one, I don't know if there are any where I'm from, but you talk like one I think. I think you hate humans like someone that's better than them." Alexia's statement was answered by a very confused look from Roxil.

"Of course I am, but you misunderstand. I have so much love for humans, they really are amazing beautiful creatures. My love for them is exactly why I've accepted the responsibility of cleansing them. Gods are empowered by the worship of their people, the best way to achieve enough support to be relevant is to show them genuine love and compassion, to protect them with all your power, and provide them the means to grow in their own strength."

Alexia thought on his words after he left to go back to the bar. She liked him a lot, but something about him just didn't seem right. Admittedly she didn't know many humanoids, she only just recently hatched herself and her ancestors kept to the wilderness. Roxil said that he loved humans as a species, but when he looked at that man, all she saw on his face was disgust. She couldn't complain about it though, she didn't know enough humans to love or hate them. She couldn't call on her ancestral memories, she was the first of her line that didn't actively stay clear of other living things that weren't a meal. She wasn't in her own home though, and Al said killing was bad, should she just trust him when both Kaytee and Roxil seemed to think it was fine?
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 am

"Not our right?" That really seemed to have upset Roxil, though his grip still loosened and his claws retracted. "Not yours maybe. But no matter what world I am in, humans are humans. Gods are Gods. Divine duty is still, and always will be, duty. It is my responsibility to use my abilities to protect and cleanse the world. If I'm the only one of my kind here, that only makes it more important. If I have to kill every pathetic excuse for a human to do that, then it's my responsibility to do so." He didn't worry about people misunderstanding him, or hating his opinions. They couldn't understand him. Roxil truly loved humans, all humans. It was because of that love that he had to protect everything good about humans. He believed the best way to start was to remove those that were less than the rest of the species.

The truth was, he was a little twisted, but it wasn't his  fault. Although he didn't realize it, he changed during one particular year of his self inflicted exile. He suffered very few mutations during the time he removed his tattoos; Luna blessed him, his only physical mutations were things he was already used to from his war form. He received cat-like fangs and eyes, but not all of his mutations were things you could see. The Wyld had also changed his mind. It was something he could live with, probably because he didn't notice the changes himself.

"If I'm not allowed to kill this piece of trash, then what do I do with him? I've threatened him, more than a little, he'll remember that if he isn't dead."

"I'll handle that," Al said calmly. "He won't remember being judged for his crimes of violence. You owe me, I'm already cleaning your messes. You can repay me when I decide what I need from you."

"Whatever. I need a drink, I'll just go help myself to the good wine."

Last edited by Corsenna on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:04 am

Kaytee laughed, after a decade this world was still very weird to her. On her homeworld if an Enforcer found a citizen guilty of a crime serious enough to be punished with death, they had the honor, and respect for the Mother Tree, to handle the punishment themselves. She sent the scared woman inside.

"While we disagree with the human method of punishing crimes, we are in their world. It just is not our right to decide the fate of their criminals." Fortunately the human was unconscious.

"This conversation stops right now. Cat, let go of that guy or you will not be welcome on my property. There will be no more talk of killing people! This is trying to blend in? Suffocating someone right behind my bar?" Al was very mad, Kaytee did not like when he was mad. Al could hold a grudge for very long time.

"Be calm, Al. We are sure Roxil understand now that this is something he can not do."
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Alexia had been having a pleasant conversation with Roxil about his home before he suddenly ran forward leaving her behind. When she saw what he did, she understood, enough at least.
"Are you going to get in trouble for killing someone?"

"Who will arrest me? Everyone knows Exalted follow their own set of laws. I'm bound by the Silver Pact, not mortal rules."

"But you're the only Exalted thing here, right? How is that going to stop them from punishing you, especially if you have to keep it a secret. You can't just say 'Screw the rules, I'm a Lunar!' can you?" Roxil's face told her he knew she had a good point.
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:32 pm

"Go get the right drink! Do it now or I'll have to smack you-" He didn't finish his sentence, a very tall and very tan man grabbed him by the throat forcing him against the wall.

"Filthy, disgusting piece of human trash." Roxil snarled. "Because you're stronger than another human you have the right to hurt them? But did you know, there's always someone stronger?" He drew essence from within himself forming his silver claws, digging in with his thumb just enough to draw blood. "If you can't play nice with the other humans you'll simply have to be removed. You have been judged, and found unworthy of sharing this world with those that are good."

He increased the pressure, cutting off the man's ability to breathe. He struggled, punching and kicking but Roxil was too strong, a regular human didn't stand a chance. He could have easily been dead already, but Roxil didn't want to kill him before the man fully understood why.

"I've made my judgment. For your crimes against your peers you will die. My mind will not be changed." Roxil was the kind of man that understood actions more than words. He understood that he had been given divine power, and that he could use it change the world, even if it wasn't his world. Just as if he were home, he would cleanse humanity one disgusting person at a time. This human's time to stain the world was quickly coming to an end, Roxil was sure it was the right thing to do, he was also sure no one would want to save this man from him.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

With All that Power... - Page 3 Empty With All that Power...

Post by Ijiro Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Kaytee was tired of the rain. The environmental dome over the city was not working properly, it had been raining every day for 3 weeks. Today was the day it was supposed to be fixed, today there was supposed to be sun. Roxil and Alexia had gone to do Al a favor so Kaytee went to the roof where it would be more private. As she opened the door the clouds began to thin and the bright rays came through.

Kaytee took off her clothes and stretched out under the light, her skin turned a bright green. She had been so hungry over the last few weeks. She could not exist only on water, she needed sunlight to thrive. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth but was startled by a shouting man.

"I said caffeine-free you stupid woman! Can you do anything right?"

Kaytee peeked offer the edge of the roof in time to see the man shove a much smaller woman into a wall, she was crying. Kaytee quickly covered herself with her old Enforcer jacket and prepared to jump down.

Last edited by Ijiro on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3