Through the Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2)

4 posters

Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2) Empty Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2)

Post by Corsenna Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:45 am

I woke up way too early so I'm reading ahead so I can make a couple of notes to start off each chapter's discussion. There isn't a whole lot I can think of that needs saying for this one, just a bit of background I guess.

First, early on Darman notes he hasn't been reconditioned. There really isn't much background on what this entails, the only time it's talked about specifically is regarding the Nulls. It was stated in regards to them that 'in this case' reconditioned means terminated from the rest of the series and other mentions it's obvious this is not the usual. The best I can come up with is a discussion I read a long time ago that theorized 'reconditioning' was the process of pumping so much flash-training into the person's head over such a short amount of time that it effectively wipes them. This means a commando that's been reconditioned could not be a commando anymore because they would simply have standard flash-training reapplied, none of the more delicate training required for a commando's work.

Jusik mentions Hokan during the briefing saying he was asked to leave the 'Death Squad' he's actually referring to the Death Watch but very, very few non-Mandalorians would know much about that; the last big appearance of the Death Watch was roughly 30 years ago and it isn't something the average Mandalorian would be at all happy to talk about. The Death Watch was a group of Mandalorians that weren't content being the nomadic archetype and instead wanted to see the galaxy under a Mandalorian banner. Most Mandalorians don't like big government in a very 'the bigger they are the harder they fall' sort of way. It also brings up the Mandalorian wars, which as glorious as it seemed to those involved at the time ultimately left the Mandalorians scattered and weakened. Most don't want a repeat of that, Mandos are a threat and if they were to try something like galactic conquest again it would not be unlikely for most of the galaxy to band together to put them down hard and fast. As far as the Death Watch is concerned nothing is too far when it comes to accomplishing their goals. The ends always justify the means regardless of the details.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

https://throughtherift.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2) Empty Re: Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2)

Post by Ijiro Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Is the Gurlanin thing where you got idea for those 4th wall thing in the Mass Effect game Sara tell me about? And who is creepy lady talk to Etain in barn? You already have somewhere else what di'kut mean. Does Jusik not know that they were not original squad?
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2) Empty Re: Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Chapter 2)

Post by Corsenna Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Ijiro wrote:Is the Gurlanin thing where you got idea for those 4th wall thing in the Mass Effect game Sara tell me about? And who is creepy lady talk to Etain in barn? You already have somewhere else what di'kut mean. Does Jusik not know that they were not original squad?
1) Yes. 2) Spoilers. 3) Correct, the Jedi are not very good at keeping each other informed and GAR logistics and Jedi both are not very good at communicating with each other.

At least I don't cringe when he asks "almost like a family?" because he doesn't really know any more about families than they do other than having actually seen them.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlleKote Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Corsenna wrote:
Ijiro wrote:Is the Gurlanin thing where you got idea for those 4th wall thing in the Mass Effect game Sara tell me about?
1) Yes.
How did little Iji put that together and I didn't?
AlleKote
AlleKote

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

AlleKote wrote:
Corsenna wrote:
Ijiro wrote:Is the Gurlanin thing where you got idea for those 4th wall thing in the Mass Effect game Sara tell me about?
1) Yes.
How did little Iji put that together and I didn't?
To be fair I told you about the ME game years ago but I was just getting nostalgic about it with Sara like a week ago so Iji probably just heard about it.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaFace Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Does anyone else ever want to cry when the training topic comes up?
PandaFace
PandaFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Ijiro Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 pm

PandaFace wrote:Does anyone else ever want to cry when the training topic comes up?
It sound awful! I am almost done with 3rd chapter
Ijiro
Ijiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Ijiro wrote:
PandaFace wrote:Does anyone else ever want to cry when the training topic comes up?
It sound awful! I am almost done with 3rd chapter
Sara said you were a slow reader in English, I overestimated what she meant by that apparently. I'll start organizing my thoughts on Chapter 3 then. Fortunately I don't think there's much in this book that you wouldn't pick up on pretty easily.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down